What a Wonderfull Wordwall!!

Wordwall will Make You a Wonderfull Teacher!! 

Welcome to my blog!! Are you seeking for a exciting tool to make you a creative and challenging teacher? Then, you're in the right place!! Today, I'm going to introduce a useful tool to you!! "Wordwall" is an online educational tool used to design practical content for students and this tool would make it easy for you to create your own teaching resources!! It would be fun to have the freedom to create various activities and games to use in your English classes!! 


image by DeltaWorks from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/images/id-6900381
 
Here is the link: https://wordwall.net/ 

There are many different activities to choose from, and you can create your own from a selection of templates.


How to make a game

1. Click on the "Create Activity" button
2. Choose the type of game you want
3. Add words and images
4. Once you have created the game, press Done and play it from the Play 
    icon.

This is the procedure. Simple as that!!! The areas where you can add words and images may vary depending on the theme of the game you have chosen. You can also fine-tune the details of your game (speed, number of penalties, etc.) from the Option button. This tool is suitable for English at any level, as it allows you to freely select words!!

Merits

I'm a bit of a mechanical dunce who doesn't know how to use Powerpoint or Excel very well, but these days the tools, especially Wordwall, are so good that anyone can use them easily. It saves money on paper, you don't have to worry about losing it, and it makes the class lessons and assignments more interesting and motivating for the English learners, so I think it has a lot of advantages. But the advantage of this tool that I pay particularly attention to is that not only teachers but also students can easily create games for leaning English. They first form a group of several people and work together to design the content using the available templates and send links to other students to practice and create assignments.  This activity will increase students' competitiveness and motivate them to learn English while having fun!!


Limitations

I'm still exploring what I can do with this tool, so I don't know, but it seems that you have to be a paid member to use it freely. And free members can only create 5 games. Standard paid membership is 4 pounds per month, but is it expensive or reasonable? If you're a heavy user, it might be worth getting a yearly membership.





YouTube 

I think this is one of the best YouTube videos which will help you to know how to use this tool. HAVE A LOOK!!


Here is the link:

What's more...

The ground-breaking use of this tool goes beyond learning English. You can use the Labelled Diagram game in chemistry and biology lessons as shown in the picture below, and you can also use it to learn French and Chinese as well as English.  Also, if you click the Community button, you can actually use games made by other people, so beginners may try using them as a starting point. 
I made a Wordsearch game game, so try it out!! Find three words. You can change the level of the English words according to the level of your students, so you have the flexibility to use this tool!!


So far, did you like this tool? Enjoy!! Be creative!! Bye for now!!



Comments

  1. Your structure is really clear. Each title helps me to know the information directly. I like your leading paragraph, because you use some questions to make a conversation with readers. This is friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yukiko. I like your blog. It is very clear that you introduce the game and also illustrate the advantages and disadvantages of it. It is attractive because you use the relevent pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to know that the tool provides different activities! It's always safe for teachers to have various options :) I like that you've explained the steps of how to use the tool and embedded a link to the YouTube clip - very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Yukiko!! You point out the breadth of application of this tool, which is not limited to English language teaching. I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As already mentioned- the structure of this blog is great Yuki, its clear, its informative, it's fun :) It makes me want try out wordwall. Also- Cool title- I do appreciate a good song reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yukiii, I agree that this tool will probably allow us to be wonderful teachers! I checked it after reading your blog. I think it offers us many ways to live our class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yukiko. Thanks for introducing Wordwall to us. It really is a great tool to make learners motivated in the classroom. I have also noticed that a free account gives limited options. As I have been exploring it, I have used all my 5 free activities. So my last resort is to upgrade to a standard account or edit my previous activities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yukiko,

    I love this post. It is a great review in Wordwall. The simplicity you provide to the steps facilitate the way your audience can go through to create a wordwall. The "what's more" part is really attractive. Best of luck in your future posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WebQuest is the Best!!

Free tools to improve teaching

Go Study with DuolinGo!!!